So I go onto Facebook and, Lo! and Behold! a controversy about marriage equity.
I am solidly and unabashedly on the side of equality for all that includes the right for my gay and lesbian friends to marry and I have a list of reasons why. This list will likely not be exhaustive so bear with me.
1) The law should apply to all.
2) Religious arguments should not impact secular law (1st Amendment.)
3) Extending rights to others does not diminish your own rights.
4) The extent to which the majority gives a minority group rights that they already possess reflects on the majority group.
5) We straights haven’t been doing such a great job of being married, why should we have exclusive rights to the institution?